Home Remedies for Yeast Infection can Cure You Naturally
Home remedies for yeast infections can be the answer women have been looking for. Women seem to suffer their fair share of health issues. Yeast infections are just one more to add to the top. If your like me, and have suffered more than once with a yeast infection, you’ll probably do just about anything to stop the burning and itching.
OOOH how miserable it is. You try not to scratch because the more you do the more it itches and burns. Finally, you've held out as long as you can and while you're alone, you scratch and scratch and scratch. Now you're on fire! Am I right?
I had yeast infections off and on growing up, but it seemed like the older I got, the more frequently I had them.
Growing up, I normally used over the counter medications and occasionally prescription meds. But these only helped for a short timeand then it was back.
The more research I did, the more I realized you have to cure it from the inside out and home remedies for yeast infections will do just that.
What is a Yeast Infection (Candida) anyway?
Yeast are tiny organisms found in small numbers in the human body. A small amount is a good thing. It’s when there is an overabundance that the problem arises.
Vaginal infections are very common in women. It is estimated that approximately 75% of women have this at some time in their lives.
There has to be a specific ph balance in the body to prevent an overgrowth of yeast. The vagina has a certain amount of acidity and this usually prevents an overgrowth. If this balance changes, you now have an environment that they thrive in.Home remedies for yeast infection can put that balance back in place.
Yeast love moist, dark environments. Your vagina just happens to be the ideal home.
Other common places for infections to occur are under the breasts, anywhere you have a fold or crease in the skin, and the mouth, also known as (thrush).
Women aren’t the only ones who are cursed with this, men can get it too! This is especially true for a man whose wife is suffering from a vaginal yeast infection. If it is not cleared up before having sex, the infection can be passed back and forth. This creates a vicious cycle.
So please guys and gals, hold out until your symptoms are gone. You’ll be glad you did.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection:
• Itching and burning in the vaginal area.
• A white thick vaginal discharge that is mostly odorless.
• Redness, swelling, itching, and burning in the area that surrounds the vagina (vulva).
• Burning during urination.
• Pain during intercourse.
Home remedies for yeast infections can put a stop to these symptoms.
Prevention is the first step in heading off a yeast infection.
• Stay away from refined sugars. Yeast or Candida, thrive and feed on sugar. Avoid a diet high in sugar. Try eating a balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruits, veggies and lean meats.
• Keep your immune system in tip top shape. When your immune system is down you are more prone to infections, and all sorts of other problems. Add an immune booster to your daily regimen.
• Lactobacillus acidophilus (what a mouth full) is a good bacteria that helps keep candida under control. As in the case of taking antibiotics, you are killing off the bad bacteria and inadvertently killing the good bacteria also. One way to get more acidophilus is to eat more yogurt. If your not a big fan of yogurt try the acidophilus capsules. Acidophilus is a great natural home remedy for yeast infection.
Regimen: Look for acidophilus tablets that are refrigerated and contain at least 1 billion organisms per capsule. Take two capsules before breakfast and two before dinner, one hour before each meal, for one month.
• Avoid wearing tight fitting clothing. Wear cotton underwear.
• Avoid douching. Regular douching can cause an imbalance in the normal ph of the vagina. So douching can actually cause a yeast infection. If you do douche, use a vinegar/ water solution.
• Avoid wearing wet bathing suits for long periods of time.
• Avoid using feminine deodorants.
• Taking birth control pills can weaken the immune system making you more susceptible to yeast infections.
Home Remedies for Yeast Infection:
If you’re like me, the thoughts of taking prescription medicine just doesn't appeal to you. Modern medicine definitely has its place. But as a nurse, if I can take the natural route, I will. Looking into home remedies for yeast infection is the first place to start.
• Acidophilus as stated before is a good preventative for a yeast infection, but if you have already developed one, try this regimen. Look for acidophilus tablets that are refrigerated. You will probably have to go to your local health food store. They need to contain at least 1 billion organisms per capsule. Recommended are two capsules before breakfast and two before dinner, one hour before meals. Try this for one month. Acidophilus is one of the best home remedies for yeast infections and great for prevention.
• Garlic is a great herb used in the treatment of yeast infections. It has both antifungal and immune boosting properties. Try taking two garlic capsules a day with 4,000 milligrams of allicin-alliin. This is an antifungal agent found in garlic. I like the odorless garlic tablets. Garlic has many other health benefits including lowering blood pressure and bad cholesterol.
• Apple cider vinegar can be used both internally and externally. If used externally, apply about 1 cup to warm bath water. I don’t recommend applying directly to skin, as this will burn. I take about two tablespoons by mouth daily diluted in water or juice, whichever you like. Natural apple cider vinegar is good for many ailments including weight loss, bladder infections and acid reflux. Try this and see if it's not one of the easiest home remedies for yeast infections.
• Tea tree oil is a natural antifungal and antiseptic. It is used for a variety of ailments. Tea tree oil is very strong and potent. Try applying a few drops to a tampon and then inserting it. Leave for a couple of hours. Do this day and night for a couple of days and then see if symptoms are gone. *Always dilute this. Don’t apply directly to skin. Never ingest this. It’s for topical use only This is another great home remedy for yeast infection.
If you would like more information on treating yeast infections naturally, try
"Sarah Summer's" The 12 Hour Natural Cure for Yeast Infection and find more great home remedies for yeast infection.
As always, live healthier, laugh longer, and love more! Live everyday to its fullest.